SENER, engineering practices respectful to the environment
At SENER our commitment is to ensure that our engineering projects respect the environment. That's why our environmental policy includes measures that impede indirect and/or direct environmental impact by our activity as much as possible.
To impede indirect impact, that is, impact on the environment that could result from projects executed by third parties, by:
- Complying with all legal and regulatory requirements required in this field
- Complying responsibly with project requirements, explicit and implicit, related to environmental matters
- Performing the necessary environmental impact studies, including the appropriately assessing interaction between the projected result and the environment
- Saving on the use of raw materials and energy, reducing waste and preventing environmental pollution throughout the various phases of the project life cycle: construction, start-up, operation and eventual dismantling.
To impede the direct impact of its activity, that is, impact on the environment caused by the use of materials and waste generated by the activity itself, by:
- Reducing and rationalizing use of paper and energy
- Recycling and recovering packing materials
- Selective waste collection and its recycling, wherever possible
- Using materials and equipment that generate less waste and pollution.
SENER works to continuously improve its environmental quality systems and processes.
Its employees also work in keeping with an established set of standards and procedures in every project they participate in and service they provide.
This commitment is evidenced in our day-to-day work through our integrated quality, environmental and safety system certified to the standards of ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001.