GAIA DEPLOYABLE SUNSHIELD
GAIA is an ESA scientific spacecraft for Astrometry mission which includes a 11 m diameter sunshield for passive thermal control of the payload. SENER is the contractor for the sunshield subsystem consisting of development, verification and integration activities.
SENER responsibilities are:
- Project management and subcontracting.
- Overall design, analysis, integration and verification.
- Definition of integration and test tools.
- Design, analysis and verification of the deployment mechanisms.
- Design, analysis and verification of the hold down and release mechanisms.
- Design, analysis and verification of the Ground support equipment.
- Subsystem integration.
- Verification of thermal performances in high vacuum conditions.
- Structural and mechanical verification.
Client: ASTRIUM / ESA
Start date: 2006
End date: 2010